Get a taste of school life with our free School Experience Programme (SEP). Come and see for yourself why teaching is one of the most rewarding and exciting careers in existence!

Our experience days are always free of charge. We are passionate about bringing new people into the teaching profession and feel privileged to be able to open our doors to you.

Book now:

Our experience days

During your placement, you’ll have the opportunity to:

  • talk to teachers about day-to-day school life
  • observe teaching and pastoral work
  • watch a range of lessons and age groups being taught
  • meet a fantastic group of children!

All of this will give you valuable insight and a great focus point as you explore teaching as a career option. It will provide with relevant experience that you can refer to in applications and interviews.

All participants in the SEP will receive a certificate and will have the opportunity to discuss routes into teaching with our School Direct programme leaders.

The SEP is, initially, a one-day experience. Any further days will be negotiated with individuals at the end of the placement day.

If you have booked a place on our SEP, please download the welcome pack below to find out more information about your upcoming visit.

DOWNLOAD: School Experience Programme – Welcome Pack

Bookings

To book a place on our School Experience Programme (SEP), please use the form at the top of this page or visit the Get Into Teaching website: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/school-experience

Upcoming experience days:

Parbold Douglas Church of England Academy:

Tuesday 26th February 2019
Tuesday 19th March 2019
Tuesday 2nd April 2019 

Experience days at other alliance schools will take place in the spring and summer terms – dates will be posted soon.

Feedback and reviews

Fantastic day. Everyone at the school children and staff were very welcoming.

It was a fabulous experience!

The placement was everything I could have asked for and more. The children were a credit to the hard work and commitment from staff.”

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience.”

Amazing – thank you!

Very enjoyable, relaxed, fun and informative day.”

Overall, the day was fantastic and I gained a lot of knowledge. It gave me a great insight into teaching.”

I have had an amazing day getting to see the variety of ages and the different teaching techniques used. All teachers were so helpful and friendly. It has been a very informative day and I have found out all I wanted to find out.”

It’s been fantastic coming into the school and having the opportunity to ask the teachers questions.”

Thank you for having me and for giving me the opportunity to experience the school day; it was absolutely wonderful.”

The day was very informative with a good range of observational activities.

In the 2017/18 academic year, 100% of people who attended our School Experience Programme days rated them as ‘excellent’.

In the 2018/19 autumn term, 35 people attended our School Experience Programme. 97% rated the days as ‘excellent’ (with the remaining 3% ‘very good’). 100% said they would recommend the days to others.

Video: