Make your application stand out
We’re looking for applications from enthusiastic candidates who support our philosophy (read more here) and will be relentless in pursuing excellence (both for themselves as a professional and for the pupils they teach).
- An undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree, or its equivalent, with a minimum of 2:2 honours.
- Three GCSEs at minimum grade C or above to include English language, mathematics and science (including biology, chemistry or physics). All successful applicants must have met this requirement by 31 July 2019.
- Successful completion of the QTS skills test in literacy and numeracy before the start of the course.
- A satisfactory academic (university) reference AND a satisfactory professional reference if more than three years since academic study.
- The ability to discriminate key ideas and express arguments.
- All candidates must demonstrate professional suitability through interview (a ‘selection day’) and must obtain medical and enhanced DBS clearance according to established university procedures.
How to apply
If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to a selection day.
Selection days are relaxed and supportive; no activity is designed to catch you out. You will undertake three activities – the panel will then make a holistic decision about your potential to train to be a teacher.
The activities will include:
- a teaching task with a small group of pupils.
- an academic discussion (based on two different articles).
- an interview (with a panel of course leaders and head teachers).
When you are invited to a selection day, you will be provided with a detailed information pack. This will explain each activity in more detail so that you can prepare.
Our upcoming selection days will be held on:
- Monday 25th February 2019 (morning)
- Monday 18th March 2019 (morning)
To be considered for a selection day, please ensure your application is submitted at least one week prior to the dates shown above.